Last modified: July 21, 2018
This website is not directed at children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If this website obtains actual knowledge that it has obtained personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately and permanently deleted from our records.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- When you voluntarily choose to disclose such information to us. For example, you may disclose personal information to us when you submit information by mail, telephone, fax, or electronically, or when you sign up for newsletters, and other marking communications.
- During the course of dealings with you for, or on behalf of, a client
- When you apply for a position with us.
- When you contact us for these or any other reason, we may monitor and keep a record of that correspondence (in whatever form)
- When we collect publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources)
- When we collect your personal data from third parties (for example our clients or other law firms)
- When you offer or provide services to us
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal information for a legal and legitimate interest, such as legal services. Most commonly we will process your personal information when it is necessary:
- For the performance of a contract to which you are party
- For compliance with our legal obligations
- For the purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests (this includes carrying out the business of providing legal services and pursuing our general business interests)
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
In addition, we may process your personal information when you have provided your consent for us to do so, for example, to provide you with information about our services, and to advise you of news and industry updates, events, reports and other information.
Sharing and Transferring Your Data
We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information. We may share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf. We may also disclose your personal information to our employees, agents, consultants and sub-contractors who assist us in running our business, including this website, or provide related services, and who are subject to security and confidentiality obligations. We will also disclose your personal information as required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement, including in response to requests from public and government authorities outside your country of residence or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others anywhere in the world.
We may transfer information about you between countries if required for a relevant purpose as described above. These may include countries which do not provide the same level of protection as the laws of your home country. However, we will at all times ensure a level of protection for your data at least as protective as that required in the United States, as applicable. We will also require our agents, consultants and sub-contractors and others who are outside the United States and to whom we transfer information about you to ensure a similar level of data protection.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and on our systems.
Your Rights with Regard to Your Personal Information
In certain jurisdictions, in accordance with applicable privacy laws, you may be entitled to one or more of the following rights:
- The right to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it
- The right to have that information rectified or deleted
- The right to restrict our processing of that information
- The right to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organization
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information and to withdraw any consent in relation to your data (although any objection or withdrawal of consent could mean we are unable to perform the actions necessary to provide our services to you or otherwise fulfill the purpose for which we have requested the information)
- The right to lodge a complaint about us with a local supervisory authority
Please note that even if you have chosen to withdraw your consent and have the right under applicable law to do so, we may be able to continue thereafter to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
To exercise your rights in relation to the data we hold, please use the contact details in “Contact Us” below.”
We retain your personal information only for as long as is appropriate for our relationship with you, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate. We will, in particular, retain your personal information where required for us to assert or defend against legal claims until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
Additional Marketing Notice
We may process additional personal information provided by you for marketing purposes, for example in correspondence relating to an event, when you let us know what legal areas you are interested in, and when you wish to be contacted by us. This may include access to information about your health or religious beliefs.
Your personal information may also be collected in our e-newsletter system when you register online to receive legal updates, or when we otherwise receive your contact details. You will receive a confirmation notice when your details have been added to our e-newsletter system. You can update or request, however, to have your data removed from our relationship management at any time by contacting us by using the contact details below. You also will be provided with the option to unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving further marketing communications by following the instructions at the bottom of each communication.
Our contact details are as follows:
Farrow-Gillespie Heath Witter LLP
1700 Pacific Avenue, Suite 3700
Dallas, TX 75201
United States of America
PH 214-361-5600 F 214-203-0651
Liza Farrow-Gillespie, Appointed Person